Yes, my SteamPunk story Restless in now available in both print and ebook formats as part of Mark Lord’s Alt History Magazine #4. If you’ve forgotten what it’s about since my last post on it…
In the East China Sea in 1870, Commodore Paul Nelson leads a flotilla of ships to the Chinese mainland. They escort the Colossus Engine, a weapon of unparalleled terror and destruction, and carry orders to subdue China and claim it for the British crown. A young Han girl called Bik Shu shovels coal in the ship carrying the Engine, on a mission from a long-dead wuxia to protect her homeland…
Of course, the magazine has more than just my story in it. It also has:
- ‘Kleine Menschen’ by Eric Jackson is a historical fantasy story set in World War II Germany.
- ‘Feast of Faith’ by Shane Rhinewald explores the struggles of common soldiers during the First Crusade who don’t have enough to eat.
- ‘Three Months of Summer’ by Svetlana Kortchik is a love story that happens during the German occupation of Ukraine in 1942.
- ‘The Stork’ by George Piper is a backwoods horror that will scare and surprise you.
- ‘Battalion 202: A Blinded Falcon’ and ‘Battalion 202: Into the Darkness’ by Jonathan Doering are two alternate history stories about the resistance to a German invasion of Britain.
It costs about a fiver, so head over there and pick up a copy!